L'esprit de l'escalier

It's all about the timing.

Name:
Location: Memphis, Tennessee, United States

I'd rather be somewhere else most of the time and I'm a huge practitioner of staircase wit.

5/30/2005

I started this blog about a year ago

I actually started a blog about a year ago, I suppose. Maybe more, but it was called Perhaps Not, right here on Blogspot.com. I quit that one, though, in large part due to the loving heckling from my sweet sweet husband (really, he's very sweet). And then I started writing on this new one, L'esprit de L'escalier, I guess about 6 months ago. Shortly after that time, we had just come back from a visit to Memphis for New Year's Eve. What was meant to be an awesome holiday celebration turned into one of the worst collective evening of our married lives. It was the "pits" you might say. We lost two very good friends forever, we thought at the time, that night. I felt compelled to write about it.

It's the one called "Got Friends?" Get it?

To save you the time from reading the whole damn sordid story, Erin was one of my best friends and she told me that night she never wanted to talk to me again and Joey was one of both of our best friends and he decided he didn't want to ever talk to either of us again.

That was our New Year's Eve.

A funny thing is happening now. They've both apparently become aware of our return to the homeland and they've both contacted us to make amends. Here's where I'm a little bit torn. I don't mean to say I'm so torn I won't be doing my part to make those amends, but I can't help but concern myself with their motivation. Are they both just trying to avoid an awkward moment in the future of bumping into us while out somewhere? Or do they really want our friendship again? If it's the latter, why wait until the week before we move back?

This is where I wish someone actually read this fucking blog. Maybe then I'd get some insight. It's my own damn fault, I don't tell anyone I know about it and I don't make an effort of grouping myself into some blog community, but I sure could use some thoughtful considerations.

Oh well, I'll figure it out. Until then, I suppose I have no choice but to remain... torn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com