L'esprit de l'escalier

It's all about the timing.

Name:
Location: Memphis, Tennessee, United States

I'd rather be somewhere else most of the time and I'm a huge practitioner of staircase wit.

1/29/2005

You should listen to your body when it's talking to you.

Last night I dreamt I was running outside in an old southern town without any shoes on. I was running past railroad tracks and people that I knew and houses and tractors. People were sitting on their porches waving and yelling out hello to me as I passed by. The streets were paved just enough so as not to hurt, or maybe I was running on dirt. I don't remember ever getting out of breath like I normally do after 10 minutes on the treadmill. I felt terribly free, like I could run forever. There was the overwhelming sense of power and strength I only feel after I've had a good workout, except there was no heavy breathing or blotchy face skin. When the alarm started beeping, I reached over immediately to shut it off, eagerly wanting to resume my running.

It was probably my subconscious trying to encourage me to go to the gym this morning. I haven't gone in almost a whole week. I woke up feeling invigorated like I'd already had my workout, though, so I made some buttermilk biscuits and cleaned the apartment instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com